Saturday, May 31, 2008
But it went fairly quickly and I of course got some good knitting done -- will have to get a pic of my new small project for my son -- it is highly portable. I got it over 1/2 way done during the ceremony.
The other stuff is that we have a Graduation party for a friends daughter this weekend and the big soccer tournament.
I would share a picture of my birthday girl with the rest of the family. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Hope you all as nice a family weekend as I did.
OH and just for some knitting content -- my double secret project is coming right along -- 23 inches and growing -- it will be about 1/2 way at around 28 inches I think.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
What does this mean to me? Many things, such as...
....Kids birthdays - all 3 of my kids have birthdays very soon if it is Memorial Day weekend - May 28th the little one will be 12 (and I am her mom and can always and forever call her my baby!) then exactly 7 days later the other 2 will be 15 - when did that happen?!!
...Race weekend -- having grown up in Speedway, IN I have a touch of a love of racing (for me really just interest in the Indianapolis 500). We even have tickets to the race and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law will come tomorrow to spend some time here & to go to see the race.
...Peonies - the Indiana state flower - starts to bloom this time of year and the 4 bushes I have are ready to pop. My bushes came from my parents yard -- I need to transplant more under those 3 little windows in my last post this fall. They are my favorite flower.
...Summertime - The kids will be out of school the very beginning of June. We have quite a few high school graduation parties to attend. Even a wedding reception tomorrow for a couple who wed earlier in Las Vegas.
...Cookouts - who doesn't love to eat grilled food on the deck!
I hope you all put out your flags and remember those who have served in the military for all of us.
Happy Memorial Day to everyone
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
To build this addition (400 square feet) we had to cut down the weeping cherry tree in the back to make room. That tree was my first ever Mother's day gift. We had it for almost 14 years... and it was really becoming overgrown and not so lovely. So this was the replacement tree promised me. Those 3 little windows are on my new lovely master bedroom -- the temporary (or maybe not) curtains are 3 silk resist scarves that each of my kids made in school many years ago. They are a perfect fit & so bright and cheery.
The knitting news is that I have 14 inches on the Double Secret knitting.
Monday, May 19, 2008
And here is a bonus photo -- me on the brand new den love seat. It is great and comfy just like the tunic.
Hopefully, getting this project done will get me on another finishing run.
The secret project is coming along but is a big project for me -- may have to fine a smaller faster project to get completed this month.
Friday, May 16, 2008
it has been pretty easy and is a quick moving project.
I am hoping to finish this up very very soon.
My project total is not moving very quickly as of late. I think it is just a busy spring and end of school year time.
But I am still knitting alot in the evening when I can.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Now to knit in the dark of night and still have it turn out wonderful. ha ha ha
No, really, I am excited to get started on this.
But I still have more to knit on my tunic. So I will knit the tunic all evening - stopping just for dinner. And try to finish knitting on it tomorrow. THEN and only then will the double secret knitting begin.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Here is what I have been working on. The Tunic. These pictures still don't show the exact color but it is sorta close. It is a coral that leans towards pink instead of orange.
It is really knitting up quickly. the back is done and that is about 3 inches of the front on the needles.
It will be for summer - it is sleeveless.
I really like this pattern (at least so far).
There is a big V in the front and I hope that goes smoothly.
This photo highlights the lace pattern that is just under the bust.
I hope to get the front finished by the weekend and get it sewn up early next week.
I than have a Double secret project to start working on. I found just the right yarn on Tuesday and will be starting it soon for a special someone!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person that tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your entry.
1. My favorite fast food is a Big Mac! And really McD's fries are the best too. Until about 5 years ago I could eat one a week and not gain weight. Now it is a guilty pleasure just now and then.
2. I know nothing about current pop music - I only know country music, I've been listening since about 1980. Brad Paisley is my current fave. I still have great memories of the Keith Urban concert I went to years ago at a small hall and we were just 25 ft from the stage!
3. The summer my husband and I started dating we went to 10 - 15 triple A baseball games downtown. I had limited baseball knowledge so it was a great learning experience for me. We even stayed for an extra inning game til 12:30pm (15 innings I think) with about 100 other true fans. Oh and the team never lost when we were there. (And this was so far back that tickets were about $4).
4. I am in awe of the talents my kids have that I do not. My youngest is a fabulous soccer player -- I am a sports fan but have never been called athletic. My other daughter is musically talented - next year she will learn her 2nd instrument -- I am NOT musical at all (that one year of flute was painful). My son knows more about history and the military than most adults. He has such plans and dreams for himself and I don't think I was ever such a big dreamer in my life -- it is great to see him reach towards these goals.
5. I make a very tasty apple pie.
6. I am the only girl in this house to like or wear Pink. I like almost all shades and color variations of pink - except maybe neon pink.
Hope you learned something new...who to link to I have not many regular readers that also blog -- so if you are lurking and want to do this let me know....leave me a comment and then link back to me!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
OK - I am knitting - this is what I am knitting. A cute summer (no sleeve) tunic. Rosanna (who I still need to say sorry too once again for Tuesday - she knows why -enough said) and I are each making this. The band of lace is just below the chest. (It is kinda sideways in this picture). This is the back -- and it is really more coral than this picture makes it look. Must be the clouds.
I am cruising on it -- but that may slow down due to a big weekend at my house.
OH - the COOL thing I am talking about in the title is that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee better known as the Yarn Harlot has posted about her trip to Indiana. Check it out right here. You can just barely see me in the 3rd picture down about 2 rows back behind a bookshelf with a camera in front of my face. BUT I know it is me.