Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yesterday was a Busy Day

The day started with 8th grade Recognition day - the older 2 were pretty happy. Here is Brooke in the white Jacket and dark skirt. Next was Joe in the light grey shirt. They were not together since they were on different teams.
How can I now be the mom to 2 high schoolers! That is soooo not possible when I still think of myself as just about the same age I was when they were born.
So long middle school -- high school here they come.

Also last night I had our friend Alison's high school graduation to attend -- it was a very nice ceremony and I got my son's knitted gift completed before they even called her name.

So here is finished object 14 -- I am not sure it has a name - neck warmer - camo-face cover?? It has an elastic string run through some well placed eyelets then it has a little toggle to tighten it. He is sure it will be quite handy when hunting this winter. It was easy and quick and there is cool inexpensive camo yarn out there. I see 2 more of these in my future for some other hunters I know.


Here it is in lovely neck warmer style -- oh and today this smiley boy has a stomach bug on his birthday --poor guy. He and his slightly older (just 11 minutes) are 15! Really now folks where did that time go? P.S. If you are wondering - double secret project is moving along -- it is now 40 inches long. I am estimating that I have about another 12 - 16 inches to go -- or that is when the yarn will run out I think.

3 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

did you invent the camo neck warmer? never seen one of those. it looks so warm. i wonder if my BIL who hunts a lot, would like one of those.

Anonymous said...

Joe discribed what he wanted -- then when at the store there it was camo yarn and a free neckwarmer pattern
it is washable too
Let me know I can easily make you one!
j--

e.beck.artist said...

that neck warmer would be great for skiing too .... way better than a scarf that you always have to wrap and rewrap and wrestle with .....