Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still

Knee deep in berries.
Or at least that is how I feel.
Yesterday I took the car to the shop and was then trapped at home - so I made 24 blueberry muffins (some are in the freezer now).
And I made a blueberry buckle (read coffeecake) - YUM!

These are the pretty berries on the vine - even a few blooms still to turn to berries.
I ran out of flour (even after raiding the neighbor's kitchen).
Today I will make a couple pies - one for the neighbors mentioned above.

I tell the kids they have to eat 1/2 a pound a day to help me out.
Hopefully, I will have some finished knitting to show off - depends on
how stressed I am over all these blueberries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel could help you out with those blueberries, they are his very favorite fruit!

Stacy

Stacie said...

You could always dye your yarn with them...you know, Martha Stewart style...okay, that was stupid. Pie is much better!

Carole Knits said...

You could freeze them and then make more yummy blueberry treats later.