Wednesday, December 10, 2008

HEY e ..... Look what I've done!

I would like to thank my good friend e - if not for her fun, funky, arty example I probably would have never started this possibly unreachable adventure of a knit resolution blog. She made a resolution on her own loverly blog -- and reached in like JULY. She urged me to try it out -- I think as a way to keep me from overloading her blog comments daily. She knew my secret hobby of blog reading (90% of that being knit blogs) and told me I too could be a blogger.

So the whole new years resolution of trying to knit 40 items in 2008 was established in midish January of this year. I picked a number far shorter than her 100 painted canvases for the year and randomly chose 40 as my target number - this was done without thinking that 2 knitted items a month would be quite alot for me the knitter of just 5 years (this summer). I jumped in really wanting to make gifts for special people in my life.

My 39th item is shown at it's beginnings here on Nov. 10th under the pink hat. It is off to find the person it is meant for --and I am hoping they are not reading this - hence - the cloak and dagger stuff on a beautiful alpaca item.

These cute greenies are meant to be felted (and will as soon as I get off here) for a special almost 2 year old that owns the pink hat in picture.

SO I am PROUD to show you blog readers finished item #40 Taaaadaaaaaaa.......

Now to get to work on #41!!!!

1 comment:

e.beck.artist said...

oh my gosh! i'm so proud of you finishing all 40 ... you rock! love, e