Saturday, March 29, 2008

MORE New Yarn

I blame my son. ha ha He was with me in the yarn shop - so it is all his fault. Or at least that is my story and I'm sticking to it!


This is the lovely new 50% bamboo yarn -- it is tiny but really a lush yarn.
The color is a bit more green than it looks in this picture - but it is so nice!
I guess I am liking tiny yarn as of late. But both this yarn and the pretty peony and green sock yarn are highly transportable. Which is important to me right now as we are heading out early later this week for Spring break. It will be easier working with these 2 yarns than a big baby blanket.

5 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

wait! don't go yet ...
you didn't tell us what you are making .....

Jeannie said...

making a scarf out of this pretty pretty yarn
it is already 4 inches long!
Not sure it will be warm -- but it will be soft and pretty.

not leaving yet
oh and I am going to work on a sweater I started in January in the car -- it will be nice for spring...need to get it done

shrink on the couch said...

bamboo yarn? as in, made from? and its soft too?

Jeannie said...

actual bamboo plants!
I imagine they smash the plant and that it is fiberous and they use the fiber
I have a scarf from bamboo -- it is very soft, smooth
sorta like yarn that has some silk in it!

shrink on the couch said...

thanks for putting me on your blogroll : ) I did the same. I still haven't finished off my dressy scarf. I started to finish it off then couldn't find your email. If you ever come across a link with directions, let me know. My goal is to finish it by October 08. It's a stretch, I know, but I'm feeling really motivated ; p