Monday, August 11, 2008

Fiber at the Fair

It was our 3rd annual Sheep to Shawl day at the Indiana State Fair. There were 4 youth groups of spinners and weavers from Conner Prairie there this year. This is the 3rd year for an all boys team!
Here is Joe in the midst of the controlled chaos. The whole thing takes 4 hours. He is the teams plyer. There was a bit of bad luck this year for the boys and hence the 4th place finish.

There were 4 adult teams there too. Here is a shetland sheep that is owned by our friends - so we said "hello" to the friends and their sheep when we were in the sheep barn.
Below is the new covered bridge they built over the winter -- it is made from Indiana hardwoods and is soooo beautiful! Indiana is known for their covered bridges.

Since it was Joe's day at the fair my sister & her 2 daughters, my mom, and my brother and his wife and son met us there. It was such a nice day - family, fun, food & great weather.
Here are my sister Julie, Mom Jane, & I outside the pioneer village.


1 comment:

aimee said...

yay for conner prairie! my parents dragged me there all the time when i was little; i still remember the schoolhouse :)