Saturday, August 23, 2008

The School Calendar Says Fall

Fall sports have begun. But boy oh boy was it hot at my son's first high school cross country meet today (he is in the gray shorts). So even though the schedule for fall sports has started - the summer weather is still set on summer. Today was probably the most humid day all summer. It was 85 degrees and 90% humidity. He ran a shorten version of the normal 5K at this kick off event today. I thought he did great -especially since running is not his passion - he runs to stay in shape for wrestling which begins as soon as cross country is over.
Here is my newest project I started just the other day. It is called Annette's Afghan. I love this denim blue yarn. It will go to my mom's neighbor who is 90+ and recovering from hip surgery.
She is in rehab right now and improving - but says she is cold often. So I will make this lap blanket size. It is coming together quickly on US 11 needles.

Enjoy your weekend - I will miss the Olympics when they end.