Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Tree

This isn't all that exciting of a post. Here is a picture of my new mother's day gift. It is a lovely pink Dogwood tree. This is our new corner of the addition on to our home that my husband spent all his free time building for us.
To build this addition (400 square feet) we had to cut down the weeping cherry tree in the back to make room. That tree was my first ever Mother's day gift. We had it for almost 14 years... and it was really becoming overgrown and not so lovely. So this was the replacement tree promised me. Those 3 little windows are on my new lovely master bedroom -- the temporary (or maybe not) curtains are 3 silk resist scarves that each of my kids made in school many years ago. They are a perfect fit & so bright and cheery.

The knitting news is that I have 14 inches on the Double Secret knitting.

1 comment:

shrink on the couch said...

Trees and landscape plants are my favorite gifts. I understand on a whole new level why seniors have so much trouble leaving their homes.