Friday, May 23, 2008

Wow is it really Memorial Day Weekend already?

Late May already.
What does this mean to me? Many things, such as...

....Kids birthdays - all 3 of my kids have birthdays very soon if it is Memorial Day weekend - May 28th the little one will be 12 (and I am her mom and can always and forever call her my baby!) then exactly 7 days later the other 2 will be 15 - when did that happen?!!
...Race weekend -- having grown up in Speedway, IN I have a touch of a love of racing (for me really just interest in the Indianapolis 500). We even have tickets to the race and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law will come tomorrow to spend some time here & to go to see the race.
...Peonies - the Indiana state flower - starts to bloom this time of year and the 4 bushes I have are ready to pop. My bushes came from my parents yard -- I need to transplant more under those 3 little windows in my last post this fall. They are my favorite flower.
...Summertime - The kids will be out of school the very beginning of June. We have quite a few high school graduation parties to attend. Even a wedding reception tomorrow for a couple who wed earlier in Las Vegas.
...Cookouts - who doesn't love to eat grilled food on the deck!

I hope you all put out your flags and remember those who have served in the military for all of us.
Happy Memorial Day to everyone

No comments: