Sunday, February 17, 2008

How to Build a Peep Chick

So today I started my little Peep Chick - it really has gone together quickly.
You start with just six stitches and keep increasing.
This is what it looks like after about 40 mins. it is sorta a little soft bowl.
This view is a bit better. I am using #3 double points.
Lucky for me this Sunday afternoon was open. After helping Joe make his confirmation banner I had some free time. Here is the peep with out beak and wings about 3 hours after the other pictures. We are using an ipod nano (2006 version) to show scale. I don't have the right beak colored/type of yarn - that will be my mission tomorrow.

Okay so who loves the peep -- it is a buttery yellow - will try daylight photos when the beak is on tomorrow. This little guy has a home - but some how all 3 of my "big kids" want a peep!!


3 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

just yesterday we were in target and jj asked for peeps .. and there were NONE .. loads of easter candy .. but not peeps ...
i LOVE your peep .... very sweet... and groovy that you did it so fast .....

Anonymous said...

Katie wants to know how that peep is going to eat?

shrink on the couch said...

never heard or seen a peep but they sure look soft & cuddly.