Friday, February 1, 2008

How much will it grow today?



Here is the commissioned scarf -- that makes it sound very important. Really, Pastor Don asked me to make it for a sick gentleman who saw the one I made for the pastor.

I am involved in knitting for our prayer shawl ministry at our church. Pastor Don has really supported us in this new venture. So I made him a scarf just like this but out of brown and maroon. Usually we make lap blankets or shoulder shawls or baby blankets for the sick or elderly or newborns. There are many lovely ladies that are involved and knitting or crocheting for this wonderful ministry.

The photo doesn't catch the true color - it is charcoal grey on the columns and a green with a bit of blue (Brooke says teal) - this picture makes it look more blue than it is. The yarn is alpaca - one of my favorites to knit with because it is so soft and it is very very warm.

Kids are off today & it snowed a bit - we have no big plans so I will try to knit on this alot today and see how many inches I can knit in one day.

ANY GUESSES out there?? hey that is amost the color - Post them in the comments and I will measure it tonight at 11pm. It is 9:30 am right now.

4 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

i like, i like !

it reminds me of herringbone or something similar. looks hard to do.

Anonymous said...

You don't have many guesses, so maybe my guess will win. I guess 11 inches. I have no idea if that is a good or a bad guess, since I have no concept of how long it takes to knit something!

Stacy

Jeannie said...

I say you win Stacy!
you were close
i was surprised that I doubled it in a day!

e.beck.artist said...

i guess nine inches ....
ok ...
i cheated .. but i've been away from my 'puter for a few days ....